About Electric Scooter Shop - Our view of the 'Scootiverse'
'Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads!' Dr Emmet Brown, Back to the Future!
At Electric Scooter Shop we think Dr Emmett Brown was onto something! Let's remember, we are now living in the future, and lets start acting like it! Riding an electric scooter is a great way of saying ' I am living in a modern, tech-driven world, and I am embracing the future'. It's also a great way of saying 'Whhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee', and you'll be saying that a lot as you get the e-scooter bug. because it's a whole lot of fun. And did we mention you don't need roads? Nice one, Doc.
But classic movie references and good times aside, lets take a look at some sensible reasons why you might want to get into e-scootering. Because you may have to justify the purchase to your partner, parents, kids, or boss. Don't worry, we've got your back.
Here's some things to think about:
- An electric scooter is almost free to run. Maybe 20 cents to charge, so little you won't notice a bump in your power bill
- They are foldable, and most can fit in a car boot, under a bus or train seat, and in a small closet. So moving around with them and storing them is super-easy
- As urbanisation intensifies, and more central apartment-style living accommodation develops, often without car parking, solutions are needed. Electric scooters are the perfect option.
- They work perfectly as a 'last mile solution' to get you from home to ferry, home to bus station, train station to work, or just drive into the city and park in the free areas, then scooter the last bit into work. So easy!
- You can take your electric scooter to events where you anticipate a lot of walking. Zip around a festival site or big outdoor show. Cover more ground, see more, do more.
- Because you can usually take your scooter anywhere with you, there is less risk of theft than chaining up a bike and leaving it.
- It's a great fun activity to do with friends and family. Out in the fresh air, everything is sharper and clearer than if you drive. You interact more, see more, enjoy more.
- It's impossible to be miserable on a scooter. Just try it. You can't help but grin, and grinners are winners!
Electric Scooter Shop is the premiere location in New Zealand to buy an electric scooter. Representing only the top international brands, no copycat designs, Electric Scooter Shop can give you the right advice and make the buying process enjoyable and informative.
We stock all types of e-scooter from lightweight 300watt options to full-on, 1000watt+ off-road suitable monsters, and everything in between.
Here's some free advice. If you are thinking of buying a scooter, have a look on Alibaba and see if the same scooter is available, unbranded, from a number of different suppliers. If it is, you are considering buying a generic, unsupported product, knocked out by a copycat factory (or many copycat factories) to jump on the scooter bandwagon. Inokim and Mini Motors (Dualtron / Speedway), the suppliers we favour, have been producing top-end electric scooters for many years, are constantly evolving and developing, and have quality control at the forefront of their philosophy.
We ride scooters and we love the freedom and ease of scooters. Why trust your scooter-buying to a generalist when you can receive professional and specific advice and products from Electric Scooter Shop. We help you make the right choice, and support you in your scooter life! We've been in the game since 2016 ourselves. Come for a chat and experience the difference.